20 Seconds to DIE 20 Seconds to DIE

"Bringing back creativity?"

I won't bother saying "this isn't a game" considering half the reviews have already done so.

What does bother me is the slogan for your little animation... and how you try to defend it so hard. Don't tell people to "open their minds" when you're animating with the stereotype of a close minded genre. It's just so... pointless. How is animating a stick figure dieing/being killed creative? It's overdone to the core. Everyone who has animated has done stick figures dieing, but then they usually try something else and move on. Fair enough if this is just a hobby and you just enjoy animating sticks, but if you want to improve as an animator, you're going to have to take a step forward and try something new. It is clear you are a keen animator, it looks like you've been submitting since 2005... but just submitting sticks? It's great to see you enjoy animating them, but come on, there must be SOMETHING else you want to try, surely?

I'll review this as a game considering it has been submitted as one. There is no replayability, no control (unless navigating through the menu counts), no backgrounds (except for the brief lightning scene), no story, and no scoring. The animation is great, if not very forgettable among the countless other stick death animations.

On the plus side, it was all presented very well and had a catchy beat playing in the background. The sound was very high quality too. If this was just a little something designed for the younger audience of Newgrounds, then congratulations and enjoy the success whilst it lasts, and please, if you enjoy what you do and want nothing more from it, then carry on.

If you're hoping to continue animating and produce something that's really memorable on the other hand... Open your mind and try something new.

Stone-Steven responds:

I see what you're saying jimbo but it's the same thing I've seen for years. Would you tell krinkels to do something new to advance as his madness animations are no longer original? Would you categorize his wonderful pieces among the clutter of ones that are utter shit with no original thought or creativity? No, you wouldn't.

Just because it is stick figures dieing you automatically assume it's the same as everything else or all the others.

As far as memorable and successful on newgrounds you could take a look at some of the other works I and FA has done. You may find some of them on the top 50 of all time. There is an art to anything, what we do is no exception. You are entitled to your opinion, and I see what you're saying, but you also don't quite see what we do the way we. Every now and again there is a review just like this and there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise.

I really like how you say "if i'm hoping to continue animating" as if I've not already been doing so happily for years.

zOMGies zOMGies

Great game... Funny glitch.

Really enjoyed the game, fast paced fun with the standard array of weapons. Don't want to spoil anything, but the last weapon you unlock kind of ruins the game with it's insane power, but it was very satisfying seeing the zombies going down so easily by that point in the game, haha.

I wish there was more of a balance to the weapons. What happens is after you unlock a new weapon, the previous one becomes obsolete. My weapon of choice is always the shotgun and it was kind of lame to never use it past the 10th level or whenever it was. Still though, it was alwas exciting to unlock a new one and have at the zomgies.

As for the glitch, I came across this when trying to figure out how to change weapons f you die in a level (which would have been a great option by the way. The game would be unplayable if you accidentally walked into the next level with weak weapons). If you right click the background and choose "rewind" then right click and choose "play" to get back to the start of the game menu again and then play the game, the game doubles in speed... if you did it a second time, it quadruples, and a time after that it goes 8x speed. Now playing the game in 8x speed definately gives it a new edge, haha!

Great game though, nice one!

You Only Live Once You Only Live Once

Hahaha!

OK, I had a good chuckle when I saw a memorial to my character spinning around on one of those rotating platforms! Very special.

Should have been more careful... now I'll never know...

...Until I delete my temporary storage and try again on Firefox! Mwa ha ha...

Fun, well animated and smooth gameplay!

Portal Defenders Portal Defenders

Brilliant!

I have to say I REALLY enjoyed this game - awesome and easy to pick up gameplay and fun NG related jokes and humour . Was great to play and looks like you had a lot of fun making it!

Started off frustrating as ANYTHING but once you get the hang of it, it's possible to rattle through it easily with any character. The bosses were fun, loved the Stamper & Jeff combo and the Wadolf bosses, haha, felt really nostalgic fighting those guys, reminded me so badly of Streets of Rage and other retro side scroller beat-em-ups.

Oh, and the achievement system - absaloutely loving it, considering I am a bit of an achievement whore... Seriously, thats the reason why I kept coming back to this game, I think it's a great way to get people hooked!

I notice a lot of people are talking about the difficulty and I believe also the game could have benefitted a lot from like an easy, medium and hard mode or something like that, but at the same time, again, just encourages you to keep coming back until you can beat it!

Great game, classic music, funny humour and just generally awesome, hahaha, nice one!

Arrival In Hell Arrival In Hell

Wow, yuck :-D

Aw man, how the guard in the security room dies is NASTY :-D Nice job!

I personally love the horror genre, whether it's in movies or games, so this was a nnice break from the other flashes around newgrounds.

It felt a little slow paced, and as everyone else seems to have stated, the lip syncing is off, a lot :-P A bit short also. Good graphics and good cutscenes make up for that though, congrats!

I enjoyed this one, nice work!

Mortal Kombat - KAF! Mortal Kombat - KAF!

Wow, much better than the last one!

Wow, this is an EXCELENT upgrade from what it once was!

To start, reduced filesize with more in it = excellent.

Love the new menu, and the clever little bar at the bottom left of the screen that tells you what button you've pressed, excellent work on those ones.

The new custom mode is great, no bugs as of yet, and works really well, great for those that can't do it/can't be bothered to do it :-P

Liked the addition of the skulls at the end by the way, more like MKA now :-D

Great job basically! An EXCELLENT upgrade to what it once was!

treevesuk responds:

Hey Jimbo!
Yeah that was my thinkin with the custom mode, plus if anybody still had any trouble playing it at least they can do this instead :-).
Thanks v much!

Rage! Rage!

Nice!

Hah, that had me occupied for ages - nice work!

Real professional touch with saving and loading system, well done on that - both adventure and arcade was pretty good too!

Four Second Fury Four Second Fury

Hah - the game "Wario Ware" springs to mind :-P

Excellent stuff, like my favourite game Nintendo DS game (and also the only DS game I've played :-P) Wario Ware

Professionaly made, fast-paced fun, excellent work!

Just to say, on the "follow me" one, where you have to follow they keys the computer presses, it is possible to just bash all the keys at once, which makes it a little too easy :-O Every other game was great though!

Great fun, nice work!

Create-A-Fatality Demo! Create-A-Fatality Demo!

Huh huh!

Hey Jordanman - JimboLimbo from MKO here :-O

I think the full version will be great, after the sound 'n all that is added

One thing I'd add, is after the corpse is like on the floor, and you can do nothing more to it, you should have the 'fatality' text and sound, and the 'so and so wins' come up, then it will be really professional!

Best of luck to ya'

Make Your Own Bush Speech Make Your Own Bush Speech

Haha!

Very well put together! Nice work on that - by outtingg the words in the exact right places, it does sound very much like he is actually speaking :-D

Nice job on that!

Only thing I'd say is maybe duplicate certain words, such as 'we' or 'to' and stuff like that, because they might need to be used again :-P

Well done!