'Ketchup Golem' 'Ketchup Golem'

I recognise this from a certain Animation Battle! Will you be scheming some ideas for May's Poorly Timed Time Machine? :)

Butzbo responds:

Yeah, 'Bad Magic' was a fun one!
I'll be looking for a good weekend for the current battle, the theme is great for a micro-short :D

These Video Game Jokes These Video Game Jokes

This idea of parodying a parody has been done to death.

We get it. There are animations / videos / memes out there that make bad video game jokes, which take little effort and originality yet are still very popular. Thing is, you're doing the exact same thing - taking content that already exists and poking fun at it. We've seen this all before in things like "Metal Gear Funnies" or "Wacky Game Jokes for Kids". I think the concept is now as unoriginal as the concept of a video game parody.

Do you know what I haven't seen yet? A parody that parodies a parody that is parodying a video game parody. That'd be interesting to see.

Your backgrounds are nice and character design is fun. Shame you used the concept as an excuse to rush the animations though.

Link the Chirri Chaser Link the Chirri Chaser

Mate, this is that scary step going from tween animation to proper frame by frame - with glorious backgrounds, music and having the animation do the work instead of the dialogue. Well done mate, it's a huge step!

Next - G Crew Session 2 no doubt. I want to seee a sequel with the green guy in it.

20 Seconds to DIE 20 Seconds to DIE

"Bringing back creativity?"

I won't bother saying "this isn't a game" considering half the reviews have already done so.

What does bother me is the slogan for your little animation... and how you try to defend it so hard. Don't tell people to "open their minds" when you're animating with the stereotype of a close minded genre. It's just so... pointless. How is animating a stick figure dieing/being killed creative? It's overdone to the core. Everyone who has animated has done stick figures dieing, but then they usually try something else and move on. Fair enough if this is just a hobby and you just enjoy animating sticks, but if you want to improve as an animator, you're going to have to take a step forward and try something new. It is clear you are a keen animator, it looks like you've been submitting since 2005... but just submitting sticks? It's great to see you enjoy animating them, but come on, there must be SOMETHING else you want to try, surely?

I'll review this as a game considering it has been submitted as one. There is no replayability, no control (unless navigating through the menu counts), no backgrounds (except for the brief lightning scene), no story, and no scoring. The animation is great, if not very forgettable among the countless other stick death animations.

On the plus side, it was all presented very well and had a catchy beat playing in the background. The sound was very high quality too. If this was just a little something designed for the younger audience of Newgrounds, then congratulations and enjoy the success whilst it lasts, and please, if you enjoy what you do and want nothing more from it, then carry on.

If you're hoping to continue animating and produce something that's really memorable on the other hand... Open your mind and try something new.

Stone-Steven responds:

I see what you're saying jimbo but it's the same thing I've seen for years. Would you tell krinkels to do something new to advance as his madness animations are no longer original? Would you categorize his wonderful pieces among the clutter of ones that are utter shit with no original thought or creativity? No, you wouldn't.

Just because it is stick figures dieing you automatically assume it's the same as everything else or all the others.

As far as memorable and successful on newgrounds you could take a look at some of the other works I and FA has done. You may find some of them on the top 50 of all time. There is an art to anything, what we do is no exception. You are entitled to your opinion, and I see what you're saying, but you also don't quite see what we do the way we. Every now and again there is a review just like this and there is nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise.

I really like how you say "if i'm hoping to continue animating" as if I've not already been doing so happily for years.

zOMGies zOMGies

Great game... Funny glitch.

Really enjoyed the game, fast paced fun with the standard array of weapons. Don't want to spoil anything, but the last weapon you unlock kind of ruins the game with it's insane power, but it was very satisfying seeing the zombies going down so easily by that point in the game, haha.

I wish there was more of a balance to the weapons. What happens is after you unlock a new weapon, the previous one becomes obsolete. My weapon of choice is always the shotgun and it was kind of lame to never use it past the 10th level or whenever it was. Still though, it was alwas exciting to unlock a new one and have at the zomgies.

As for the glitch, I came across this when trying to figure out how to change weapons f you die in a level (which would have been a great option by the way. The game would be unplayable if you accidentally walked into the next level with weak weapons). If you right click the background and choose "rewind" then right click and choose "play" to get back to the start of the game menu again and then play the game, the game doubles in speed... if you did it a second time, it quadruples, and a time after that it goes 8x speed. Now playing the game in 8x speed definately gives it a new edge, haha!

Great game though, nice one!

You Only Live Once You Only Live Once

Hahaha!

OK, I had a good chuckle when I saw a memorial to my character spinning around on one of those rotating platforms! Very special.

Should have been more careful... now I'll never know...

...Until I delete my temporary storage and try again on Firefox! Mwa ha ha...

Fun, well animated and smooth gameplay!

Arfenhouse Arfenhouse

Brilliant.

I remember seeing this in one of your posts a while back and laughing HARD! This picture is creepily hilarious... or hilariously creepy. One way or another, it's brilliant. We need more arfrenhouse fanfic, haha!